1. My vision for working with children is…    When I opened my own family childcare centre I envisioned a home away from home and I would be in the role of caregiver in that environment, I think I created that for my children and families. I thought that when I moved work places into a more of a centre feel with multiple staff it would be a little bit harder to stay true to that vision but I think with a little tweaking and obvious differences I was about to recreate that bond with the children in my care.  My true passion is helping children with challenges and I think as I continue my career I will always be seeking positions that make this possible.
  2. In three years, I see my greatest strengths with children to be…  I believe that patience is one of my greatest strengths in life and with children.  In the next three years I hope to expand on my learning and continue to learn all I can about early childhood education this learning will be a strength as I will have many tools to pull on when met with a challenge.
  3. I envision the early learning environment as…  Collaborative.  In need of some improvements especially in the province of British Columbia.  A challenging and engaging work environment. Demanding on an emotional, physical, intellectual level.  Rewarding.
  4. I see children as… Curious, imaginative, filled with wonder, funny, loving, inspiring, innocent, sponges that soak up information, explorers, capable, expressive, spirited,  competent.
  5. I view children’s families to be…  Important to understanding children in my care.  Informative.  Experts on their child. Sometimes in need of support and guidance with no judgement attached.
  6. I suspect that cultural diversity will… create more accepting environments. create more learning opportunities for children, families and educators.
  7. I envision my colleagues as… having a Different prospective then my own, a sounding board for new ideas, supportive of each other,  having more or less experience than I do which creates an opportunity to learn from each other, respectful, thoughtful, and passionate about the early childhood education field.